♫My Little Po-- *ahem* TBR♫

Someone said they had a big tbr…

biggerlist

I am not a List Aficionado,  but I  like lists. I have my Favorite lists, my TBR lists [and my TBR is a list of books I am actually going to read, not just a list of books I might someday, sometime, maybe perhaps, get around to reading]. I make grocery lists. I make Wish Lists on Amazon. I do the schedule for Children’s Story for church. I make lists of my Magic: The Gathering cards.

So to celebrate lists, I figured I’d post what is currently on my Kindle. That way you can see what is on my TBR for the next 6-12 months. When I finish one series, I simply replace it with another from my Calibre TBR list. Calibre is a fine piece of free ebook managing software. It is also where I keep my reviews offline. The numbers in parentheses are the number of books I have in that series that I still need to read. So without further ado, here’s a list of series I’m reading:

Dread Empire  by Glen Cook [3]

8. Lord of Light
  9. Indomitable
  10. A Fire Upon the Deep
  11. United States of Japan Currently Reading

The nice thing about having such a variety of series is that it takes me 6-8 weeks to cycle through them all, so I never feel like I’m reading something stale. And as you can see, several series only have 1, or 2, books left, so then I just replace them, thus continuing the cycle of fresh reading. The other bonus that it has for me, is that I don’t have to “choose” what book to read next. I simply read the next book of the next series. Back in ’11 or ’12 I tried to do the whole “read whatever the heck I feel like at the moment” and it ended up as a disaster. This type of thing definitely doesn’t work for everyone and I’d be very hesitant to recommend it, but it works for me and how I read.

Now here’s a funny Cyanide & Happiness comic strip about lists to end this post:

list

bookstooge
ps, I am always available for a little bank-robbing, IF, you can guarantee that the cops will show up and we’ll go out in a blaze of gunfire and glory. Cops are negotiable, as I will settle for private security, mercenaries, aliens or even super-heroes, but the Guns & Glory are non-negotiable.