Plans for 2017

The End of the Year is almost here and since I've got a 4 day weekend [with only 1 1/2 days left!] I figured I should write up some of what I am planning for 2017. That way, nobody will be surprised, including me,

1) First thing will be the potential biggest thing.

A) I've stated this around Booklikes but not sure I've ever actually said it on my own place. I need a staff member present at Booklikes for me to continue here. For Booklikes to survive, an active, present Staff needs to be here just like how things were back in '13 or so. If no Staff is present by the beginning of '17, then I'll be making my move to Wordpress a complete thing. I will be here at Booklikes, but not in a meaningful way.

B) I have already started to follow some really great people on Wordpress and I am looking forward to finding more. So no matter what happens, I am now on Wordpress. You can follow me at:

Bookstooge at Wordpress

2) Reading plan for the year.

A) I have about 100 books currently on my kindle and another 100 in my Calibre library with the TBR tag. So I have enough books for next year already. I am going to be curtailing adding new books until I get that 200 a lot closer to 100.

B) I plan on doing a lot of Re-Reading in 2017. I have wanted to do this for quite some time and my little Project Reread this year was an early attempt. Of course, I cherry picked books I knew I already loved, so that helped.This time around, I've got several series that took years to read and I want to see how they do over the course of 1 year.

I) Malazan books of the Fallen by Steven Erikson

VI) Space trilogy by C.S. Lewis

VII) Shadows of the Apt by Adrian Tchaikovsky

VIII) The Malaz Empire novels by Iain Esslemont

IX) Swan's War trilogy by Sean Russell

X) ??? Something will take this spot by years end, I just don't know what yet.

So, very few NEW books added to the TBR. I HAVE to be more picky.

C) Keep up to date on Manga Monday and blow through Eyeshield 21. I have my next series already picked out, Oh My Goddess. Since it is 48 volumes long and I'll be reading them in paper [I own up through 37 and will be acquiring the rest over the course of the next year], I have enough to take me well into '18.

D) Read at least one old graphic novel a month. After Superman: Doomed, I need to read some old school comics to keep the dream alive :-) I've got a bunch of Elseworld stories I will be working my way through.

E) Read War and Peace how I am currently reading Don Quixote. IE, buy a paper copy and mark the daylights out of it.

3) Social Plan

Hahahahahahahahaa.

Finally, I won't get too attached to my Plans, because "Reasons"