When the Saints (Brothers Magnus #2)

When the Saints - Dave Duncan

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: When the Saints

Series: Brothers Magnus

Author: Dave Duncan

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 336

Format: Kindle digital edition

Synopsis:

Wulf Magnus has power. But there are rules that he knows nothing about. While he helps his brother fight off the invaders, there are other games going on.

Politics and Magic, mixing across the face of Europe while Wulf just wants to marry Madlenka.

My Thoughts:

This was a solid story that had a happy ending. I did some looking and it looks like another one will come out in '18, But considering how this tied up so many loose ends, I'm satisfied with calling this a duology.

Duncan can write an engaging story while grinding whatever axe he has against Christianity. Since he mainly writes about medieval Catholicism, I can't really say that I disagree with him. I just don't follow his conclusions.

I would highly recommend these books to anyone who likes Fantasy.