The Secret Life of a Book Blogger...Phhhhh...

MurderbyDeath tagged me in her Post

I'd just like to say, what is with this "Secret" thing? Do some bloggers write in dark little corners while wearing a black cloak or something?

How long have you been a blogger?

I started blogging in '03 or '04, but it was a personal blog. I started keeping track of my books online in '06 and then joined GR full time in '09. Came over to Booklikes in '13.

At what point do you think you'll stop?

When I stop reading. My platform might change, ie, Booklikes shutting down or something. But I'll always be recording what I read just so I don't accidentally reread.

What's the best thing?

Finding a continued stream of book recommendations, even if just to know NOT to read Book X.

What's the worst thing?  What do you do to make it ok?

Authors intruding as authors on my reviews.
I tend to stay away from authors who are always in author mode. Working out ok so far. Not perfectly, but ok.

How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?

I rarely use pictures, but when I do, a google search with "meme" tacked on usually does the job pretty quick.

Who is your book crush?

My wife.

What author would you like to have on your blog?

None.

What do you wear when you write your blog posts?

It varies depending on the season. Winter means lots of clothes 'cause heat is expensive and summer means less clothes 'cause AC is expensive.

Oh, I always wear my Lucky Bloggers hat. Yeah, right.

How long does it take you to prepare?

It can take me as quick as 15minutes or sometimes as long as 2hrs. It usually depends on how distracted I get or if I'm impressed with the book or not.

How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?

It is such a mixed bag. I"m not a big fan of the "I want to be famous" kind of blogger, even if all they have is that mentality.

I tend to stay away from the blogs that don't interest me. That way I don't raise my blood pressure and they don't get angry tirades out of no where.

I do like those who post a good mix of book reviews with "other" stuff.

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?

I don't like this question at all. It ties directly into that "I want to be famous" mentality. The idea of "success" means that the blogger is in it for something else besides their love of books. I have no interest in people who use my interests as a snare.

To be a good blogger, on the other hand, I think constant posting is a must as well as interaction with others. Even if it is clearly defined and limited interaction.

This is a day or so late, so the tagging has cascaded and I'm not going to try. If you'd like to participate, please do. I'd be interested in seeing what you write.

As for those of you who have already participated, it has been fun reading your posts.