Resurrection (Demon Squad #2)

Resurrection - Tim Marquitz

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: Resurrection

Series: Demon Squad

Author: Tim Marquitz

Rating: 1 of 5 Stars

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Pages: 344

Format: Kindle digital edition

Synopsis:

Trig gets tricked, manipulated and whatnot into stopping a necromancer from raising Longinus, the soldier who stabbed Christ's side. Only Longinus was a demon, so he got a butt load of power from that act. If he comes back, he'll be top dog.

My Thoughts:

The first book was crass. I figured Marquitz was just seeing how this whole writing gig worked. This time around, his writing was just as crass, if not more and it is very apparent that this is a style choice by the author. So if you like your 500 year old half demon commenting on every pair of breasts and butt that he sees, running commentary on the state of his genitals at any given moment, and unrestrained lewdness and lustfulness, then this book is for you.

If, however, you have even an ounce of taste, restraint or class, this book will either secretly titillate you or disgust you. Considering the juvenile tone of everything, I'm betting on disgust.

The only positive is that now I can clear this series off my kindle and make room for another. That is damning praise indeed.