She is the Darkness (The Chronicles of the Black Company #8)

She Is The Darkness - Glen Cook

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: She is the Darkness

Series: The Chronicles of the Black Company

Author: Glen Cook

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Genre: SFF

Pages: 477

Format: Kindle Digital Edition

Synopsis:

Murgen continues on as the Standardbearer and the Chronicler.  Croaker drives the Black Company onward towards Katovar, even as he begins to realize that Katovar might not be the Haven he thinks it is.

Shadowlords ahead of them, betraying employers behind them and nutcases all over.

My Thoughts:

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Murgen has pretty much stopped his uncontrolled travels through time and that made all the difference to me.

There is so much going on with these stories now. Murgen is dealing with the fact that his wife isn't dead and he has a son. The Black company is dealing with Katovar and nobody knows exactly what it is or what it means for them.  The death goddess and Croaker and Lady's daughter continue on their little path. The Lady's sister continues her games just for the kicks of it. What she wants or will plan to do is beyond guessing.

There is a lot of action. Lots of battles and magical fights. I loved it. This series continues strong and I am pleased with that. Sometimes these things take a downward turn.