Yotsuba&! #13 (Manga)

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 13 - Kiyohiko Azuma

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: Yotsuba&! #13

Series: Yotsuba&!

Author/Artist: Kiyohiko Azuma

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Genre: Slice of Life manga

Pages: 224

Format: Paperback edition

Synopsis:

Yotsuba decides what she wants to be when she grows up. A baker. Or maybe an Udon Noodle maker. Or maybe a housewife. It can be hard to make decisions sometimes.

Then Grandma comes to visit. Yotsuba has been a good girl [well, except for that time with the blue paint] so she knows Grandma is bringing her a souvenir. Grandma brought her kiwi's? That's not what Yotsuba wanted! Sometimes it is hard to have a Grandma.

My Thoughts:

It has been 2 YEARS since the last volume. I have to admit, I was expecting more. This was good, mind you, but it wasn't funny like the previous volumes. The Grandma, while very laid back, was drawn so severely that it kind of detracted from the overall feeling I was hoping to get.

I am wondering if Azuma, the artist, is letting this slide? It kind of felt like the fire had gone out in this volume.