SPOILER ALERT!

Swords of Exodus (Dead Six #2)

Swords of Exodus - Mike Kupari, Larry Correia

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: Swords of Exodus

Series: Dead Six

Author: Larry Correia & Mike Kupari

Rating: 3 of 5 Stars

Genre: SFF

Pages: 608

Format: Kindle digital edition

Synopsis:

Valentine and Lorenzo are back in action. Of course, Valentine is being totally mind raped Majestic in a secret prison. Lorenzo is forced to rescue him, in exchange for information on his missing brother Bob.

Exodus recruits both of them to go after a new Warlord who enslaves whole village and then has the slaves become his devoted minions. Something otherworldly would seem to going on.

My Thoughts: Spoilers

Sadly, this suffers not only from "middle book" syndrome, but also from the death of Lorenzo AND the fact that there is no book after this. It felt like a project that got cancelled.

That really skotched my enjoyment of this. I don't mind when the good guys die or suffer a setback, IF they have the chance to come back and be victorious. But they didn't here and it doesn't appear they ever will. Also, I wish the supernatural element had played a much bigger part. Just like in the first book, this was a military escapade first with just a Hint of supernatural.

Meh...