Cry of the Ghost Wolf (Chosen of Nendawen #3) (Forgotten Realms)

Cry of the Ghost Wolf - Mark Sehestedt

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: Cry of the Ghost Wolf

Series: Chosen of Nendawen

Author: Mark Sehestedt

Rating: of 5 Battle Axes

Genre: SFF

Pages: 311

Format: Kindle

Synopsis:

Hweilan escapes, fights, gets captured, brokers a deal, then has to deal with the demon lord and finally she has to deal with Nendawen himself. Because Nendawen literally lives to hunt, even outside of his own plane of existence.

My Thoughts:

The first 75% of this book deals with the hobgoblins and Hweilan. Not until the last bit does Hweilan face off against Jagen Ghen. That made this drag and made this feel very fluffed out.

The battle was anti-climactic, the interjection of Hweilan's father into the overall storyline was not well handled and felt like it was tacked on so Sehestedt "could" write another series if feasible. So while I rated all 3 books the same, I enjoyed the first book the most and each successive one less. That is not a good way to end a series.