Updated February 2017:
I can now be found at:
So, just who is this Bookstooge bloke who rudely intruded into your calm, peaceful and serene existence? You might be asking yourself this very question. I know I do.
Here are some things to know about me that might make your interactions a tiny bit easier.
1) I am a pretty devout Christian. Weird personal mix of Baptist and 7th Day Adventist. To over-simplify it, that means I believe in the Bible literally and I go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday. It also means that it influences what I read, how I read and how I review.
2) I am a Man. I cannot state this boldly enough or enough times. Be prepared.
3) I like Science fiction, Fantasy, Classics [1900's and earlier] and manga. I'll read other stuff, but not regularly. And I read a lot. Just check out my Year shelves and you'll see how much I read.
4) I love my wife. Even more than pizza! And yes, I tell her that. And she thinks I'm ok too :-D
5) Of the 5 Love Languages, [quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch] my main one is Words of affirmation. Or just words :-)
6) To go along with #1, I graduated from a non-accredited Bible school, so I've got a working man's knowledge of how to be a Pastor, just not the actual degree. Eh, never wanted to learn Greek or Hebrew anyway!
7) I am NOT a people person. People wear me out, even online. Then I say things that later I sometimes regret. Ok, most of the time.
8) I WILL get upset at you. I will probably unfollow you at some point. Chances are that I will then re-follow you. Don't be surprised.
9) If you disagree with something in my posts or reviews, feel free to say so; IF you want to actually have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you. You insult me or denigrate me on my own posts and you're blocked.
10) Yes. I am touchy. Prickly might be a better word.
11) I am a land surveyor. I work outdoors year round in New England. The picture below is of me. It typifies why I like being a surveyor.